16 Changes in 2016


1. My college status - I graduated in May of this year. It felt like a journey that would never end but it finally did. 

2. My location - While I love being from the NYC area, I had to make a move in order to further my career. I'm now in Houston, Texas.

3. My relationship status - I'm no longer single! I swear I thought I was going to be single forever but then this awesome guy came into my life and changed that. He's pretty amazing. 

4. My job status - I'm now an integrated marketing associate. All my hard work has paid off and I get paid! 

5. My hair length - My hair has been long for ages but it gradually got shorter this year until it fell a bit past my shoulders. 

6. My hair color - I put a copper balayage in which has since washed out to leave blonde streaks in my hair. 

7. My foundation - I changed it from Tarte to Urban Decay to Too Faced to CoverFX. I might need a different one because the cream foundation from CoverFX seems to not wear well. 

8. My mascara - I went from Roller Lash from Benefit Cosmetics to They're Real Lash Primer by Benefit Cosmetics. Yes, there were a few in between these two major changes but I don't recall them all at the moment.

9. My birth control - I began a pill in the summer which was not a good fit for me for several reasons. This month I began the Nuva Ring! I'll be sure to update on how well it works out but so far so good? 

10. My next car - I've finally narrowed my next car down to the BMW X1 or the Acura TLX. 

11. My face wash - I have changed to Cetaphil which is not only cost efficient but doesn't piss my skin off. 

12. My views on relationships - At one time, I believed in time lines until that got blown up by my current relationship. I think everything moves at its own pace based upon the people in the relationship. 

13. My views on mental health - Until a very personal matter involving mental health happened in my life, I didn't view it as important or even relevant. I am very fortunate to function within society without issue. After the occurrence earlier in the year, I did my homework and understood the issue better.

14. My friend group - I've cut people out completely because I'm so damn tired of people who aren't worth my time. I try to not judge but usually my snap judgments are spot on so sticking with my gut over society's crap of "be nice." 

15. My jean preference - I am totally in love with high rise jeans because I think this low rise craze is annoying. Anyone with a butt cannot wear those demonic low rise jeans. 

16. My office attire - I was very formal and old school until recently so now I switch between business formal and business casual, yay for jeans! 

Share:

7 comments

  1. wow, 2016 was an eventful year! How do you feel about the difference between NYC and Houston? both them seem like great cities but I'm sure they're super different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a really good 2016! I hope 2017 is great for you as well 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you sound like you had a busy 2016. My was quiet in comparison. Let's hope the high waisted jean trend continues, Chloe https://pinkiebag.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a lot has changed for you this year! You don't need people in your circle who don't benefit you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I can't wait to see what 2017 holds for you and your blog as 2016 seems to have been full of changes!
    Kxxx
    www.lifeinkateish.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's A LOT of changes! Great idea for a post though, really enjoyable/easy read :-) Happy New Year – here's to an amazing 2017!

    www.makemeupmarie.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea for a post! Sounds like you've had quite the busy year! Hope 2017 is fabulous for you xx

    ReplyDelete