Ways to Show You Care

Everyone receives gestures and words differently which can make communicating feelings a struggle. While thinking on this topic I came up with a few ways to show someone you care that can help you get your feelings across. Some people aren't big communicators and that is okay, but letting a person you care for know is important so that's where this post comes from.



1. Remember details and use them at every opportunity - This sounds vague because it kind of is. The best example of this is when someone you care about goes with you to a coffee shop, notice what the person orders and stock it away for a later date. Say three weeks from that instance, the person mentions wanting to go to the coffee shop with you and you ask if the order is what you remember. That shows paying attention to little details because that person matters to you. Details matter and keeping them stocked away for when you can use them is a great way to show that you care and that person matters. 

2. Get physical. - I don't mean punch the person. I'm talking about hugging, touching randomly or kissing on the cheek, head or forehead depending upon the type of relationship the person is to you. Not everyone is overly physical but just enough physical attention shows your care about the person and also the trust between the two of you. 

3. Listen. - This may sound easy but when was the last time you really paid attention and just listened when the person was having a bad day? That goes a long way. Listening to someone vent, share something that bothers them or even talk about good news is a good way to show you value the person. Everyone wants to feel validated and listening helps someone feel that. 

4. Keep things personal, not generic. - I think a decent example of this involves sending a birthday text message to someone. If you just say "happy birthday" that is a generic message and isn't personal by any means. Sending, "It is just one minute into your day of birth and I'm so happy you came into the world. I hope your day and night is all you wish it to be and I can't wait to see you later," is personal. It is sweet and it shows you really care. Keep things personal because no one likes to feel like just another person.

Share:

6 comments

  1. Aww love this!!! Somthing different!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so important to show people that you care. I was always someone who pays close attention to the people I love. I remember things they love and surprise them with something. I never just write happy birthday on the Facebook wall of someone who I genuinely care about... (I got it from my mama) It's really the little things that make such a huge difference. Undortunately, I know how hurtful it can be when other people never do this. While I was always caring, others didn't. But I also got better at letting toxic people like this go and it feel sooo good. I love that you wrote this post because people should definitely be reminded of things that actually matter and they are smaller than one might think. :)

    xx Hailey - www.haileyjaderyan.com // www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so terrible for sending generic happy birthdays! I am also pretty bad at listening. I zone out SO easily and feel terrible for it! Do it to my BF all the time!

    Hazel - www.fleurcharms.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are honestly some great tips to show that you really care about people. The first one, that is so cute and the person would really love that you remembered. I'm definitely going to try this out because I love to see people smile❤️️❤️️❤️️

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet post! Thanks for the tips :D

    Lizzie Bee // mysticthorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading this. I think it's so important to stay mindful of other people, their feelings, how you talk to them, the way you talk to them. I always try to keep these things in mind. Great post

    -Kendro

    www.thekendroshow.com

    ReplyDelete