What is a Fuckboy?


Recently the term "fuckboy" has been thrown about a lot and I even find myself using it. I decided to pick a guy friend of mine's brain. I selected this specific guy for a multiple of reasons including the fact that I've known him for a decade (yes, I realize that's ten years), he's always concise and blunt and won't give me any bull shit. In short, sometimes I feel like he's a rougher, male version of me outside of the fact that he was a bit of a fuckboy for a time. 

The most obvious first question to answer is what exactly is a fuckboy, right? Well, a fuckboy, in terms of guy and girl relations, is a guy who is looking to fuck around with women, no strings or any form of attachments, and play mind games. The guy is to in control to where he manipulates the girl by keeping her guessing and confused. The end game is getting laid and a fuckboy will do whatever necessary to achieve that. By anything, it means lying about how they feel and leading the girl on with the slight promise of a relationship in the future when the guy just wants sex.  


So my thought was there has to be something a fuckboy wouldn't do in order to avoid lumping in a guy who is shy or not upfront with his feelings and/or thoughts with fuckboys. The funny part is that there isn't much a fuckboy wouldn't do to achieve his goal. The guy that falls into this category will say and do whatever he thinks will get his end result. In short, women have to be aware that these kind of guys exist. In the past they might have been dubbed "playboys", "rogues" or "rakes" but the fact of the matter is, at least to me, fuckboys are this generation's version and are much worse considering the technology at their disposal to make praying upon unsuspecting women that much easier. Also, I'd take a "player" or "manwhore" any day over a fuckboy because the first two don't intentions seek to mess with your brain. The first two are straight up about the fact that they want just sex and don't dangle the "possibility" of something more in order to attain their true goal, in your pants. In short, if you find yourself questioning a guy's motives too much and he seems to be playing games, walk away and don't waste your time. 

Share:

10 comments

  1. I love how blunt this post was! Sadly there are too many guys, and girls, like this! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your brutal honesty here, girl! We all gotta avoid those fuckboys or they'll all turn out like Hugh Hefner making millions from being an arsehole haha! Really enjoyed reading this post, love your writing style!

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this term, I class most as fuckboys now aday, it's a shame how many there are out there!
    Fab post
    Charlotte xx
    Theporcelaindollblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuckboys are everywhere today, in our oversexualized society... and even more than that, we girls tend to think most guys are fuckboys when some are just being plain honest, haha. Dating has become so hard, I sometimes wish I was born during that era Maupassant or other French writers often describe hahaha.

    Love,
    http://heynael.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate those type of people. I can understand wanting to have sex without being in a relationship, but that has to be communicated clearly and that can be achieved without messing with someone's emotions. Just be a decent, honest human being. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate those types of people. i have come across many in my life. Im lucky to be very happy at the moment with someone who isn't a 'fuckboy'! Hahah!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! short and straight to the point girl! Love it. In the age of technology, it's so easy to run into a Fuckboy these days

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I fall under the manwhore label but I think fuckboy is used far too often as a one size fits all thing. I've never lied about my intentions towards a woman and the potential of a future relationship. I always say that if there is a potential for physical intimacy in my life, I have to decide whether that person could be a partner or just a casual relationship and i have to tell them where we stand straight away. It's just common courtesy to let someone know how you really feel before you sleep with them. And I've never had problems with this method. I've met many women who follow the same guidelines. If there's potential for sex, talk about what it would mean if it happens before they get a chance to make the wrong decision and get hurt. The real problem I've found is that even when you're honest people will make you the villain if their feelings change. My physical urges were massive when I was younger, so I can see why some men would do anything to feel wanted and validated. Now that I'm in my mid twenties I value sex less and less but I can still see how difficult it is for young men who think they don't have anything to offer. The fight for validation is staggeringly hard if you're socially awkward or isolated. If I'm honest, I think Fuckboy is another stick men are going to be beaten with any time they're seen as insensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA Thank you so much for this post.... I was clueless until now... I thought it was a guy with a dodgy hair cut and shit shoes!!! =D x

    Chloe

    everythingcoco.co.uk

    ReplyDelete