I totally have a "type." You know, the kind of guy I tend to go for, tend to dream up in my head, that type. Yeah, I know I have one and am perfectly okay with that. I like good looking guys who are intellectual, articulate and dominant. It's something I think I've always leaned towards but have found I strive for as I get older. I guess you can say I know what I like and what I don't like. 

For me, my type comes from my own sense of self. I have to be physically attracted to someone to even consider them to be anything more than a friend. It's how I operate and am well aware of it. I'm intellectual and need someone who can keep up with me in conversation, someone clever enough to deduce things without needing to Google words longer than two syllables. Articulate kind of goes with intellect, but comes from the fact that I don't shut up. Seriously, I'm the kind of person who writes paragraphs upon paragraphs in text messages. I need my prospective partner to be able to do the same. As for dominant, this is kind of obvious since my own personality is over-the-top. I need someone who I can't intimidate, who will put me in my place and who can buffer me since I can be a mouthy little thing. 

I don't think everyone has a type or, if they do, even realize they do. Overall, humans tend to have a type because it is easy for us to stick with what we know and at least works mildly well with our person rather than trying out new, unknown territory with no history to draw from. We are a bit like elephants in that we remember a lot of things and those experiences kind of shape us. I'm curious, do you have a type?