On Twitter, I've notice who I follow and my own followers cover a vast range of ages from 15 all the way through 50. It's incredible that a person can appeal to so many different people at once. I posted a poll on this topic and so many of you responded and said they'd love to read this so here it goes. 

1. I took time off! - I took two solid years off after starting right after high school like everyone is told. It was probably the best thing I've ever done because I got my passions figured out -I'd always wanted to be a lawyer but realized I couldn't take six more years of classes like my first year. I worked, made money, made connections and really found what made me tick. If you're struggling, consider taking at least a semester off to really immerse yourself in work and life. 

2. I figured out how I learned best! - Yes, this is so important. I'm the kind of student that doesn't need their hand to be held so I can sit in a lecture hall taking notes while on Tumblr and Pinterest and do well in the course. I also learned that procrastination was my best friend for papers because the pressure forced great work from me the first time around. Lastly, I learned what I needed to study and how I needed to. I'm the kind of person who does well alone or in a group, depending upon the material, and tends to need to read things over or talk about them to be able to recall facts. 

3. I was selective about friends! - I knew loads of knew people on campus but called very few of them my friends because so many people are fake. Be careful who you trust because some people are just nasty and looking to get something by putting you down or in a bad place. 

4. I was never poor! - Unlike most college students, I always worked and made decent money. Decent money to me is the kind of money a person with a degree and entering the job market makes. I was smart and slightly spoiled so I always had money to do stuff and never felt like I couldn't just go.

5. I never lived on campus! - I got to "live at home" and it was great for me. I don't like sharing things with people I don't like know so the whole roommate situation where you sleep next to them would drive me nuts and freak me out. I commuted and loved it. I liked my freedom, my queen sized bed, home food and being around family (my grandparents) rather than strangers 

6. I interned! - School only does so much and I stress this when I speak to underclassmen all the time. School, in theory, is meant to teach to think and give you the basics.  Interning gives you tastes of real world and allows you to take what you've been learning and apply it. Also, it lets you see what works for you and doesn't. For me specifically, there are two versions of what I could enter: in-house and agency. Not everyone can do both, I'm one of the people who can, and it is best to learn this before you jump into your first job. 

7. I had fun! - I went to events on campus, went to parties, and so forth. I balanced having a social life with working and college because it makes it worth it. Honestly, if I didn't I would have hated college. College is like a job and if it doesn't have rewards, well, you don't like it very much since it takes your money.