Curly Hair Products Lately


I swing in and out of products because sometimes things aren't available at stores near me or sometimes I spot new products by companies I like. I'm all about trying stuff when it comes to my hair because it honestly couldn't hurt. What have I been using lately? Well, that's what this entire post is about!

1. Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner - This leave-in conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down, smells wonderful and does what I need it to do. I put this in my hair as soon as I step out of the shower, before I wrap it up in a towel, and it is lovely. This can be purchased from Target, CVS or Walgreens. I haven't seen it anywhere else but it is so worth it and isn't super expensive. I have been raving about Mixed Chicks for over six months and really don't see me stopping any-freaking-time soon!

2. Ouidad Curl Immersion Hi-Defining Custard - On a whim while at Ulta, I grabbed this up. I wasn't sure how good it was going to be but figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I love this! It pretty much keeps my hair from frizzing while also helping my define my curls without weighing my hair down. It's a bit pricey but it works wonders. I'm a total fan.

3. Living Proof Curl Enhancing Styling Mousse - While at Sephora a couple of months ago, one of the retail associates raved about this brand and I tried it. I loved it and have kept coming back to it. I like to keep multiple products in my arsenal because sometimes hair needs more than two or three things to do what you want. This is a great defining mousse and doesn't leave my hair crunchy. I hate crunchy hair.

4. Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel - I actually first tried this because a friend had it in her bathroom. I fell in love and have kept it under my sink ever since. It helps a lot when it is humid outside and I need to dry and style my hair. Once again, it is a bit pricey but totally worth it!

5. Miss Jessie's Quick Curls - Since cutting my hair short, I find I reach for this when I'm being lazy and don't want to dry my hair with the diffuser. It works great and I'm glad I kept it under my sink! It isn't too expensive but it isn't cheap, either.

6. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls - I grabbed this up over six months ago because I was curious to see what it would do. It makes my hair so freaking happy that there are times I just use this and the world is good. My fluffy, large curls are like clouds and I bask in them. I love this and mixing it with other products usually gives me an incredible result, as well!

Share:

11 comments

  1. I need to try some of these! I need to pay more attention to my curls! Hopefully I can get them in the uk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know for a fact you can get Mixed Chicks products in the UK but I'm actually unsure about the other brands. Let me know how you like what you try!

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love stumbling into a product that just works amazing?! I have been eyeing the Ouidad brand and have stayed away because of the price, but if it's worth it then I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The specific products I mentioned I really liked and found worth the money so I'm hoping if you try them you love them. The issue, as always, is that hair is trial and error. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. I have incredibly curly and often messy hair that I hate taking care of at times!

    I'm so glad you've made this list, I am 100% going to try a few of them out and see what works for me:)
    Lxoxo
    www.lovelibby.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely considering trying out some of these products and the conditioners/shampoos from these brands because the change can make all the difference!

      Delete
  4. This sounds amazing! I have the completely opposite type of hair my hair is waves but straighter X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post lovely! I'd love to have curly hair so I could try some of these products- the Pillow Soft Curls sound amazing!
    https://midnightandlace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it so hard to curl my hair in a cute way, instead of frizzy! These will definitely help me.
    Lovely, helpful post!
    Charlotte xx
    theporcelaindollblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad to say I don't have curly hair but oh how I wish I did! Although, I'd love to pass on some of this product names to my cousin, I'm sure she'd appreciate it. Thanks for sharing!

    Jessica
    Foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to try Living Proof, it sounds like such a great brand! xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete