I'm absolutely brilliant when it comes to solving everyone's problems and giving advice. It's a very special skill that I hold dear. My only problem with it is that I can't seem to give myself advice. I can usually fix my own problems but when it comes to romantic issues, I'm a mess. I know what I should do, but I'm emotionally invested and that usually leads to not trusting my instincts and second-guessing my initial assessments. Having said all that, I suck at giving myself advice.

Most times I find I need someone to reaffirm my suspicions. What does that mean? Oh, yeah, I need someone else to tell me what they think so that I can see how far off I am. This can be a royal pain, but it's a reality. I wish I could give myself advice and move on, but that's not how I'm wired. I've come to terms with that.

Another major reason I struggle to give myself advice is because I'm too heavily involved in the situation. The pleasant thing about advice giving is that I tend to not be directly impacted regardless of the turnout so I have a clear, calm and relaxed mind. I can easily assess the matter, come up with three possible explanations and solutions and be done. When I'm directly involved I tend to be emotional which means my assessing is harder. I am a very passionate person by nature so a calm approach doesn't exist. If I react on instinct alone, things tend to go awry. I need someone to balance out my emotions and get me to explain everything so that advice can come in that way.