4 Reasons to Love Yourself


1. There's only one you! - I know. How cliche of me, but it's so true. No one on this planet is uniquely you so get over it and accept it.

2. Becoming someone else is a lot of work! - Honestly, when people say they want to re-invent themselves all I hear is "way too much work." Changing who you are is a lot more work and energy than it is probably worth. You could put that time and energy to useful things like being happy and learning to not burn water.

3. If you don't love yourself, you'll seek someone to fill that void. - This is kind of sad but true. A lot of my friends that struggle with coming to terms with themselves jump from relationship to relationship to fill that void. It's not pretty because they tend to end up with douchebags because they don't care who it is as long as it is someone. Don't do that.

4. You are special! - I sound like a parent but you're special, in the best of ways. Embrace all the things that make you you. You'll feel a lot better when you do. Fighting yourself and viewing yourself in a horrible light can be exhausting and really bad for your mental health.

Share:

4 comments

  1. I love posts about self-love, they always show up at the right times. Thank you for writing this, I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Self-love is really important. I used to hate myself, a lot, and ended up in a shitty relationship a couple of years ago. He didn't like himself either, so neither of us cared to end it, because "at least we had a relationship with someone". After a while I broke up with him though, because I realised I still had my entire life ahead of me and I shouldn't waste it with someone I wasn't happy with...

    Thanks for sharing this!

    Sarah | Lavender Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, what you say about there only being one you is true, Everyone is special and individual in our own ways and we should embrace that! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never change myself no matter what, but I do know I don't appreciate myself enough and I'm definitely lacking self confidence and love. I want to start to take care and respect myself a little more.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete