How to Treat Sunburn

For the first time in what feels like forever I got sunburned. It's a rarity given my genetics but it happened. I was in pain, miserable and whiny. In short, I was a nightmare to deal with the first two days. I listened to my grandmother's "old remedies" and it made life bearable. I figured I can't be the only person who deals with this so I might as well share the wealth.



Everyone knows to use the aloe vera gel. It helps but you should really keep it in the refrigerator. The colder it is, the more it soothes your inflamed and agitated skin. In short, keep the stuff always in the refrigerator!

Here's something not many people think to do, TAKE ASPIRIN! It's shocking but it helps with the pain and inflammation. Take aspirin (Tylenol, Advil, whatever you like) every four to six hours. It helps a lot, I promise. You're so very welcome!

This one is going to make you laugh but you need cold milk and wash cloth. The wash cloth needs to be submerged in the cold milk to create a cold compress and then placed upon the skin. Of course, you ring out the unnecessary extra liquid from the wash cloth before applying it to the skin. I leave the cold compress on until the wash cloth becomes warm. Do this at least twice a day and you'll feel the results almost instantly. Makes movement so much more bearable.

Last but not least, don't take hot showers! I've been taking cool to almost ice-cold showers. It sounds weird but it works. You can also soak in a cool bath but I'm not really able to do that so the shower works just as well. I can kind of just stand under the spray and it soothes the painful skin without me doing a thing. It's wonderful.

I hope I helped you for the future! Sunburn is literally evil but at least this stuff can make it more bearable and go away faster. Remember to take care of your skin and wear sunscreen!

Share:

2 comments

  1. Such a great post for the summer time!

    xo tiffanymay.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never new about cold milk! I'll be book-marking this for times in need. Thank you for sharing :) xo

    https://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete