Shit People Say About Millennials

1. "Millennials are all lazy." - Yeah, because you know each and every person on this planet between the ages of 17 and 34, right? I think not. Maybe, just maybe, you need to stop basing your opinions on the few people you have in your family that don't do anything.


2. "Millennials have everything handed to them." - Uh, no. The last time I checked the job market is a mess which is a big difference from the 1950s-1980s where college graduates were given jobs without working too hard. Do you know how hard it is to get a job now? The competition is over 25% higher than any generation before us and we have it handed to us? I think not.


3. "Millennials are so disrespectful. They always talk back." - I think people use 'talking back' as a synonym for 'having an opinion and brain.' I'm not going to let you badmouth brilliant mind, praise corrupt leaders and/or spout racist comments in my presence. If that's being disrespectful, I'm disrespectful.


4. "Millennials are always on their phones." - Yeah, maybe because we grew up with technology and like to be kept up-to-date on our plans with friends, family members and/or the news? I don't know, but maybe we also have a job that doesn't really end when we leave the office as email exists? Stop thinking we are just 'playing' on our phones.

5. "Millennials have no people skills or business etiquette." - I know plenty of people above the age of 40 that don't have these so is it just a generation thing? The correct answer is no! There will be smart people, lazy people, dumb people and great people in every generation so stop trashing the up-and- coming generation and future leaders just because they are different than your generation. Hell, I think we're the best generation yet so you can move to the side.



Share:

1 comments

  1. I love the Khalisi gif! Perfect of this post. I think with the "always on their phones" assumption it is true of many of us but, as you say, it's the reasons why we are on our phones that people seem to assume. It's assumed we're playing games or using technology to avoid personal social interactions. Mostly people who grew up before this kind of technology so they have no idea of the importance of online social interactions or even that work emails can arrive at any time! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete