I'm Putting My Job Search on Hold!


I have been interviewing for the past few months and applying to jobs for even longer than I've been interviewing. Honestly, it's mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting. Since I was 18 I've been working or in school. I don't know what it means to have "the summer off" as I was always working. Why am I telling you all of this? Simple, I've decided to take June 26th through August 14th off and live with my parents in Houston, spend time in Portugal, Miami and Los Angeles and just put my job search on hold.


Why have I decided to do this? I have a few reasons, really. One, this will probably be the only time in my life I can do this and so I am seizing the opportunity. Two, I think I need a change of pace before I actually burn out. I already told you that job hunting is exhausting in all senses of the word so couple that with graduating, job responsibilities and life stresses in general and you can understand how drained I must feel. Three, I want to travel without concerns and enjoy my young life for just a bit before I really dig my feet in and begin the climb to the top.


I think it's so important to remember that taking a step back gives you perspective and also helps you recharge. I have earned this time off from "real life." I've been carving out myself a space since the young age of 19 and I deserve some time to be young and breathe some extra life into me. I'm not depressed or anything, I just kind of want to be young and carefree. It might not make sense to many because I find so many people in my generation are immature and so they can't understand my lifestyle, my natural drive to succeed at all costs or my inhuman work ethic.


Having said all of this, I decided to share this because I hope it helps people graduating from college or deciding to change career paths. Sometimes it is good to get away for a bit so you can come at 100 percent rather than overexerting yourself and only operating at maybe 80 percent. I'll be taking a lot of photographs while I'm in different places and still blogging but I won't be thinking about the job market, stressing myself out or interviewing. It's nice to have "me time" and focus on Samantha. I'm going to do that for a bit.

Share:

1 comments

  1. Sometimes it's good to take a step back from whatever is stressing you out!

    ReplyDelete