There's so much going on lately in makeup with BB creams, CC creams, tinted moisturizers and foundation. How can we be expected to know what we should be using for our skin when there are way too many options? Well, I'm going to explain how I've navigated this as an adult that struggles with hormonal acne and sensitive skin.


Personally, I stick with Dr. Jart's BB cream and Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation. These products don't upset my skin, are lightweight and look natural. All of these are really important to me.  I tend to use the BB cream more during the week than the foundation and reserve the use of the foundation for weekends or when I'm going out. The BB cream doesn't offer much coverage but does enough to hide my issues while the foundation completely hides them. It should be noted that I use a green color corrector and/or a concealer under both the BB cream and foundation.

From what I've seen, those that don't like the feeling of "stuff on their face" should stick with BB and CC creams as they are usually lighter than foundations but provide some coverage. Having said that, IT's CC cream is quite heavy but does well to hide issues so there is that. If you want a more full makeup, cover everything look then it is best if you go with a foundation. I'm partial to the Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation by Tarte because it is lightweight and covers everything well. It's a win, win.

I used a tinted moisturizer all last summer and do think it helps with giving a more even skin look but doesn't really provide much coverage outside of that. I liked it because it didn't sweat off as easily as foundation seemed to and made my face look fresh. Will I use it again this summer? Probably not only because I met my go-to BB cream and it is amazing. Having said that, if you want very minimal coverage, a tinted moisturizer might be really good for you to try.