5 'Time of the Month' Struggles


1. Breaking out! - Over 85% of females suffer from "period acne" which is hormone based acne that usually crops up on the cheeks and chin area because your time of the month is usually when your hormones are running rampant which means acne, yay!

2. Bloating! - Do not go clothing shopping or weigh yourself right before, during or even right after your period because you will regret it. You literally gain around five pounds from water retention which leads to bloating because of your period. It's a mess so just don't do it.

3. Random cravings! - So many people think it's a joke but it is so not. I'm not a pizza lover but during my period, I crave it usually once. Also, some of your cravings don't even make sense because it's kind of like being pregnant and that's just freaking annoying.

4. Cramps! - Over 50% of women that menstruate suffer from mild to severe cramping. It sucks! It's miserable and all you want to do is be curled up in bed with a heating pad and pop pain pills. The struggle is real and I'm totally one of the 20% of females who get it so bad that we require prescription pills to manage the pain! Eck.

5. Emotions! - You can always tell when I'm on my period or just about to get it because I'm more emotional than normal. I'm cranky, bitchy, highly-strung and whiney. It's a mess and this is true for at least 50% of the population that menstruates. It sucks and can lead to arguments and misunderstandings. Damn you hormones, stop messing with me!

Share:

9 comments

  1. I love this! I spend most of my time thinking that no one can understand the pain I feel, then you remember every other woman goes through it haha

    Katie | http://katieameliaxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I can relate to all of these :) :( xx

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUP! Deal with these every month for many years, and I'm still not loving the idea of women going through this... month after month.. lol!

    xo,
    www.iwriteaboutyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss girl! I can totally relate to these, you're on point with everything haha The struggle is real!

    Nati
    www.littlemissnati.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate, I get the worst breakouts and my emotions are all over the place. I cried watching an episode of Say Yes To The Dress.

    Zeynab :)
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. YES GIRLFRIEND. YES. hahahahaha, thanks for keeping it real!
    xoxo - Pam

    unapologeticallypam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog post is awesome - I love this! Every single girl in the world needs to read this blog post, haha!! <3

    With love, Alisha Valerie xo.
    http://alishavalerie.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/saidbyalisha

    💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. So True! I have all these 5 types of struggles! Cramps and bloating are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I hate the breaking out before the time of the month, that is the worst! I love using heating pads (I have them in a form of a stuffed animal, I just microwave them) and place them on my stomach, low back, and inner thighs. Honestly, as annoying as the cramps are, they aren't as painful as the ovulation pain: I feel like I'm getting stabbed in one side of the lower abdomen in between periods. I would hate to have my period on my wedding with the chance of staining a white dress and not being able to have some honeymoon fun!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete