Why I Changed My Foundation & Primer



My face wasn't clearing up and it was really bothering me so I figured it meant I hadn't found the right system yet. I went into Sephora and decided I wanted to be colored matched by the machine because I get vastly different colors depending upon who is matching me. I wanted something that actually was as close to my actual skin tone as possible. After the machine matched me, I tried three different items: Smashbox's BB Cream, Laura Mercier's Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in Honey and Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation Stick in Soft Sand.

I ended up liking the way the foundation stick gave better coverage if I wanted to go out while Laura Mercier's foundation looked super natural and felt lightweight. I also picked up a new primer by KORRES called Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer and Dr. Jart+'s Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm which is a skin tone adjusting BB cream. I like all of the products I picked up and have to admit that I've been using strictly the primer and BB cream. Why you ask? Simple, I've found that my skin is clearing up, the cream gives decent coverage, the color looks like my skin but neater and I forget I'm wearing anything because it is that light.

I really have to stress how heavy makeup is not really the best idea for every day. I understand the allure, especially if your skin isn't exactly blemish free, but I would say using a BB or CC cream is better than a medium to full coverage foundation. I have both the foundations for when I wish to go out or feel like hiding every little issue my face has. I love Dr. Jart's BB cream and would recommend to anyone who asks because it is that good.

Share:

0 comments