Why I Don't Contour or Use Blush

Contouring is such a big thing and everyone always asks why I don't do it. Why? Simple, I don't like to look made up. I don't like all of that makeup on my face. I also don't like all the extra effort required to put it on. My nose doesn't need to be thinner, my cheek bones don't need to be more pronounced and I don't need to look like a different person. I find myself attractive with minimal help (hiding blemishes and under eye darkness).



Does that mean I'm condemning those that love contouring? No. I'm all about doing whatever makes you feel pretty. I don't have to agree with it or like it because it isn't my face. If you want to do all of that and put all of that makeup on your face, go for it. I'm glad you can do it because makeup is a freaking artistic skill not everyone has.

I also get asked why I use bronzer but not blush. First, I find blush annoying beyond compare. It is just something I don't even want to hear about. Second, blush doesn't do anything for me in my own opinion. I use bronzer because a lot of the times CC creams and foundations wash me out and I need to put some color back into my face. Third, the idea of adding more effort to my routine doesn't appeal to me. I say it all the time, I'm a minimalist and don't like putting forth loads of effort.

Having said this, when I get my makeup done professionally the artists tends to apply a bit of blush because she feels like she wants to. I let the artists have complete control and just tell them what products I can't use, what I normally use and give them an idea of what I'm wearing to best match it with makeup. A lot of artists ask me if I want a dramatic makeup change or to keep it natural and depending upon the event my answer changes. Overall, contouring and blush just aren't something I'm into and I doubt I'll ever be into.

Share:

4 comments

  1. I've never understood contouring...I wouldn't know how to apply but I don't think I'd want to. I'm very self-conscious but I still know deep down that I want people to see the real me so my daily make-up look is very minimalist, just some foundation, powder, a streak of eyeliner on my lids and some mascara and I'm happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I categorically HATE blush! My cheeks tend to get quite red on their own so idk why I'd want to add to it?

    So glad I'm not alone on this haha

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't contour or use blush. I am simple BB Cream, Mascara, and maybe eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like makeup that covers or changes my features. I like the things that are more fun and colorful like eyeliner,eye shadow, highlighters ,and lipstick. I don't wear foundation and rarely wear concealer (mostly for spot coverage). It weird for me when I don't look like myself.

    ReplyDelete