15 Beauty Products I Loved in 2015

It is always fascinating how long yet short a year takes to pass. 2015 was the year I really expanded my beauty product knowledge between subscriptions to monthly boxes like Birchbox, my face breaking out more than usual and working in an environment where I'm required to wear at least a little makeup.


1. Photo Finish More Than Primer - Blemish Control by Smashbox ($14-$42) - With my skin being so over the top sensitive and acne prone, I felt I needed something to help and researched this product before trying it out. Once wearing it for a few days, regardless if I was wearing makeup or not, I found it was awesome. It is definitely worth the price.
2. Pre Penetrating Charcoal Bar by Biore ($6) - Between working out and just having crazy hormones, I have found my shoulders and upper back breaking out. I use this bar to keep the area clean and have found it fixed my breaking out to where only the occasional one or two pimples appear.
3. Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss - Walk of Shame by Urban Decay Cosmetics ($20) - I saw this color while strolling around Ulta and thought, "can never have too many nude-ish lip glosses" and promptly picked it up. I'm not big on reds or colors when it comes to my lips so this fits right along with my clear glosses and various shades of pinks and corals.
4. Bye Bye Redness Correcting Creme by IT Cosmetics ($32) - One of the workers at Ulta pointed out this to me, she has acne prone skin like I do, and I tried it. This works as a concealer and blends pretty well with your skin, it did for me, so you can even wear it on its own to hide some troublesome spots. You don't need a lot so the product should last a few months making the price worth it. I also found it didn't cause me to break out more which is extremely important.
5. Airbrush Blurring Foundation Brush #101 (Only at Ulta) by IT Cosmetics ($24) - When I was looking for a new foundation or CC cream I noticed the women helping me was applying it with a brush. She told me the brush was better than using my hands and so I picked it up. I found I like the brush and it makes it easier to apply my liquid foundation and/or CC cream.
6. Live Beauty Fully Complexion Powder Brush #225 (Only at Ulta) by IT Cosmetics ($36) - I use this brush for my bronzer since I've notice that some foundations wash me out. I'm not a contour or blush person but a bit of bronzer helps me look healthy and not sickly.
7. Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette by Urban Decay ($58) - While picking up refills of a few items I saw the display for this palette and had to have it. It has enough funky colors while still having neutral tones I tend to use most. I used this over the Christmas holiday and found it blended well and was easy to play with. Love.


8. Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths by Philosophy ($15) - Since my skin is so sensitive I decided to use these wipes at night when taking my makeup off and love them. They are textured enough to ensure the makeup comes off but not too harsh. The price is a bit much for just wipes but they don't encourage breakouts so I'll continue using them.
9. Roller Lash Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics ($12-$24) - I got a sample from the brow bar in Harold Square after having my eyebrows waxed and fell in love so I promptly purchased one. This is better than They're Real!
10. Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced ($12-$23) - I think I saw a few people on Twitter raving so I figured, "why not try it?" After purchasing this mascara, I wore it all summer long. Love it!
11. Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment Cleanser by Philosophy ($22) - After Clinique's face wash and treatment broke me out and caused a horrible reaction, I had to find something else. I went on a research binge looking up different treatments and cleansers. I found four and decided to give this one a go since it was the cheapest option and have to say I'm impressed. It not only helped clear up my reaction but also does well to fight when I have my time of the month.
12. Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel by Clinique ($17.50-$26) - While Clinique's facial wash broke me out, this works well to help pimples disappear. I use this once in the morning after washing, drying, and moisturizing my face and once at night. For my friends that don't wear primer, they use this spot treatment before applying concealer and foundation.


13.  Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel by Benefit Cosmetics ($24) - I blame the lovely women in Harold Square's Benefit Brow Bar for making me buy this because it is just so useful when wearing makeup and is easy. I hate having to "fill in" my eyebrows but when I'm wearing foundation I find they wash out, too, and so use this to fix that issue. Easy and simple is the way to go.
14. Butter Gloss - Sunday Mimosa by NYX Cosmetics (5)- Keeping with the neutrals and pinks, this is a cheap alternative to spending $15 or more from high end brands and looks just as good. I love NYX's lip glosses.
15. Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes by Simple ($5) - After each time I apply makeup I clean the brushes I used. I use these wipes to clean my brushes because they are cheaper than the ones I use on my face and easily obtained as I have multiple drugstores within walking distance.


Share:

5 comments

  1. Oh, I love these :) Thank you for sharing! I have to try some of them :) xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That charcoal bar and that Philosophy body wash both sound amazing. I work out a lot as well and my back area tends to break out so those sound amazing! Great post! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very gorgeous products!! ♡ which mascara would you say is better, the Roller lash or Better Than Sex? Really would like to purchase one of them :))


    Lots of Love,
    Geena | geenush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them both but I would probably say Better Than Sex when in doubt. :)

      Delete
  4. The Gwen Stefani palette looks absolutely amazing! I am going to purchase it this year for sure! Like you said, it has such a nice range of neutrals and a few brighter shades. I'll probably stick to neutrals, oh if only I could rock a bright eye haha! x

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete