My "Basic" Makeup Routine

Since I know there's several dozen people who read my posts that are more like me in the makeup minimalist category I've decided to give a tutorial on how I do my makeup this fall. Remember that makeup should never be used to make your face but rather to enhance what you already have. Personally, I find it ridiculous when people spend 45 minutes on their "face" and come out looking like a completely different person. It is like false advertising to me.


Step 1: Wash The Face

Step Two: Dry The Face

Step Three: Apply Foundation Primer

I use Smashbox's More Than Primer - Blemish Control (if you don't have acne prone skin you can use other Smashbox primers or ones by other companies)

Step Four: Apply Spot Concealer on Troublesome Spots

I use Smashbox's High Definition Concealer (you can use whatever concealer you like but this is the one I found works well for my skin)

Step Five: Apply Foundation (or BB/CC Cream)

I use Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation (I have found with my breakouts getting worse I need something more like this)

Step Six: Apply Eyeshadow (this is optional and depends on my mood) & Blend it

I've been use the three separate palettes from Too Faced's Le Grand Chateau 


Step Seven: Apply One or Two Coats of Mascara

I tend to wear mascara more often than not and have been using Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara

Step Eight: Apply Lip Gloss (or lip balm, lip lacquer, lipstick, or whatever you tend to use, note this is optional, too)

Share:

2 comments

  1. I've got the Toofaced Better Than Sex mascara on my christmas list!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post thank you for sharing, and I absolute love the smash box primer, it is a brilliant all round primer.
    https://theperksoflifens.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete