My Mini Makeup and Perfume Shopping Spree at Ulta 10.03.15

With summer officially over and my skin reverting back to a lighter shade than I have been I found myself needing new concealer and foundation (or bb/cc cream). I liked that this month Ulta has several different promotions going on involving Breast Cancer Awareness and donating to research to find a cure. After finding some motivation to leave my bed, shower, and leave my warm home I found myself at Ulta looking to satisfy my cosmetic related needs.



What I ended up buying:
1. Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation ($39) - I have found that I'm becoming less and less able to deal with bad breakouts and need to hide them which led me to consider this foundation. After trying it at the store I found I was rather impressed and bought it.
2. Smashbox's High Definition Liquid Concealer ($23) - With heavy breakout periods I not only need a foundation but also a concealer to really hide what I don't want to be seen. I tried two concealers by Smashbox and found this one to work best for me.
3. IT Cosmetics's IT Brushes for Ulta Airbrush Blurring Foundation Brush #101 ($24) - The lovely woman in the store was using this brush to apply the foundation and mentioned that while I can use my fingers the brush might actually help even out application. Considering I'm a minimalist and don't want to look like I have loads of makeup on I added this to my list of things.
4. Urban Decay's Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss in Walk of Shame ($20) - We all know I do not like lipstick but do like lip gloss. I love the light pinks and neutral tones so I grabbed this baby to add to my ever growing pile of things I was purchasing.
5. Too Faced's Le Grand Chateau ($49) - I made a really good impression upon one of the managers and she steered me towards this eyeshadow palette option rather than the Tarte one I originally thought to buy. I liked all the soft and neutral colors this offered and so had to have it.
6. Kate Spade's Walk On Air Eau de Parfum Rollerball ($25) - I love my Kate Spade but normally am not thrilled with her perfumes. While smelling all of the samples I stumbled across this scent and had to have it and so it was added to my pile of stuff.
7. Ralph Lauren's Midnight Romance Eau de Parfum Rollerball ($24) - I have liked this scent for a few months but hadn't had time to buy it so I snatched up the box and added it to my large pile of cosmetics and perfume.

My grand total was $218.08 but I had Ulta points and saved $3 dropping my total down to $215.08. While I wasn't looking to spend that much I don't regret it for a few reasons including the fact that I have quality products I will use and like. Believe it or not there is a difference in the quality of makeup you get when you purchase NYX items versus Too Faced. I am a big believer in long-lasting and quality products considering these are things I'm going to be using more times than not.

Share:

0 comments