1. No matter how perfect you think your life plan is, you will make mistakes and mess it up.
2. Love can be messy and bring a lot of pain along with happy memories and beautiful feelings.
3. Lust at first sight is a powerful thing but caution should be exercised many times.
4. Bills really take the fun out of working and making money.
5. Credit cards are wonderful but make you want to spend money you know you shouldn't.
6. Sex can be a really great way to relieve tension and stress.
7. Coffee is one of those things where either you like it or you don't, I'm one of the people who hates it.
8. The ages between 21 and 26 are very odd because you are still figuring out what it means to be an adult and everyone just expects you to be this overly mature and responsible being over night.
9. It is perfectly acceptable to hold tight to your inner child because it is fun to have cups with Hello Kitty on it and who gives a damn if people give you a weird look for being able to sing along to Dora the Explorer?
10. Health issues are very real and you need to force yourself to routinely attend doctor appointments of all kinds.
11. Clothing is expensive no matter where you shop and there always seems to be the need for new bras, panties, and socks. I will never take you for granted again, mom!
12. It is okay to let your parents pay for things still. Thank you so much for continuing to have me on your health insurance and buying me clothes, mom!
13. As an "adult" you are expected to buy your siblings and parents actual gifts. Christmas and birthdays are things to dread and can be quite costly.
14. Your college degree doesn't dictate the specific path you take. I know so many people who have engineering degrees that aren't engineers but are in sales or some other sector of business.
15. Taking time off from college to really figure out what you want out of life is okay. Some of the most successful people didn't graduate from college, remember that!
16. Your GPA is important! Keeping it around a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale can really help you get some awesome internship placements which can lead to awesome job placements, networking, and skill and resume building.
17. There are so many fake people in the world so don't be one of them. Be yourself and be genuine, no matter how many people try to screw you over.
18. There is no reward without risk so take some risks to get to where you want to be.
19. You don't have to know where you want to be in ten years. Hell, I don't even know where I want to be in two, let alone ten!
20. Never forget how fragile life is! Tell those that you care about that you do and remind them as often as possible because you never really know when their or your time on this planet will come to an end.
21. If you have a young face you will be carded for at least seven years after turning 21 at bars and restaurants, get over it.
22. Dating and relationships take time, cultivation, and a willingness to compromise. If you really can't bend on more things than you can, you shouldn't be with the person.
23. Technology is great but be careful what you put out onto the internet as future employers are looking for what is linked to you and will not hire someone who has raunchy photos and videos floating around the internet.
24. Growing up doesn't mean you stop liking everything you did as a child, teen, or a college student, it means taking responsibility for your actions and not looking for others to constantly take care of you.