Romantic Novel Series | The One Night Series by Jodi Ellen Malpas

Reading is my drug of choice, my escape from my stressful and busy life. I always make at least a bit of time for reading because it relieves some of the pressure and stress I have on my shoulders. You'll remember my reading list on romance novel series I recommend, but since I read so much I figured that I would do posts randomly about what I'm currently reading. I think this makes it easier than constantly writing up massive posts on several dozen books. 



If you've read through my book list post , you might recognize the name Jodi Ellen Malpas. She wrote the This Man trilogy which I named on the list and love, not loved because my feelings are far from past tense. Malpas decided to spin another tale in which the leading man is a bit of a dominant and absolutely wicked in all the right ways. 

The male lead is just messed up enough to be realistic and his faults make him even more endearing than his need to be a gentleman. He has a secret that isn't the most pleasant to admit to and a past that's quite heartbreaking. Livy is an interesting female lead as she is still suffering from her own past while trying to make it on her own. She isn't a weak and crying female lead but she isn't quite bad ass, either. I think what makes Livy charming is how normal she is and how many can relate to her. She isn't poor, but she isn't from high society, Livy's quite an average being living in England. That brings me to another love point, the setting is in London which is one of the best cities in the world.  There are many twists, turns, and sometimes predictable moves, but Malpas draws out a rather different story line in which the secret comes off as a shock. I'm awaiting the last book in the series as it is not released until 2015 but the other two are available for purchase. 

Below is the first book's overview from Barnes and Nobel.

Overview:

ONE NIGHT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH . . .
Livy notices him the moment he walks into the coffee shop. He's heart-stoppingly stunning, with a blue-eyed gaze so piercing she's almost too distracted to take his order. When he walks out the door, she thinks she'll never see him again. Then she finds the note he left on his napkin . . . signed M.
All he wants is one night to worship her. No feelings, no commitment, nothing but pleasure. Every defense mechanism Livy has adopted during her solitary life is at risk of being obliterated by this confounding man. He's obnoxious but well-mannered. He's a gentleman but aloof. He's passionate but emotionless. Yet the fascination is so powerful, Livy can't deny him . . . or herself.
M awakens something in Livy, something deep and addictive that she never knew existed-and that she fears only he can satisfy. But she senses that behind the fast cars, fancy suits, and posh apartment, he's aching inside. To have him, body and soul, she'll have to brave his dark secrets. Delving into his world and breaking down his defenses become her obsession-an obsession that could shatter her heart beyond repair . .

Share:

0 comments