3 Easy Tips to Promote Weight Loss

Weight loss, being fit and body complexes are just some more issues that plague women. If you are like me and find yourself always saying "I just need to lose ten pounds" then these tips are exactly for you. I do not advocate diet pills or quick fixes because they tend to not only be unhealthy, but also just aren't realistic. A few changes to your diet and daily routine can do wonders! Plus, being skinny and being fit are two completely different things. I never want to be skinny, just fit and comfortable in my own skin. I say this a lot but I feel the need to continue to say it: You do not have to be a size two to be pretty or fit and you do not need to have loads of curves to be pretty. Everyone's body is different, embrace it and just try to be healthy. Obviously, I love sweets and going out to eat, but those are not an everyday diet plan. I usually say keep a healthy routine Monday through Friday afternoon so that Friday night through Sunday you can let loose a bit. 

  • Eat Breakfast 

I know that eating breakfast sounds like a no-brainer, but a busy life can mean you forget to do this. Having said this, don't just eat a doughnut and drink some coffee and say you had breakfast. You need something high in protein like egg whites (eggs have quite a bit of cholesterol) or turkey bacon or sausage. You should also strive to have fruit like strawberries, oranges, pineapples, or mixed berries as they have anti-oxidants and vitamins that are essentials to your body. Whole grains and high in fiber foods are important to eat so reduced sugar oatmeal with fruit is a good idea. If you aren't hungry when you first wake up, give yourself an hour or so and eat something small then. Your body needs something to run off of until you reach lunch. 
  • Replace Lunch or Breakfast with a Smoothie

Smoothie recipes vary but healthy ones that use unsweetened almond milk, flax seed, and fruits or vegetables are what I usually say to use. I have several that I use and love because they are not only filling but also really healthy. One recipes calls for: 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), 1/2 a banana, 1/2 or 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (I'm lactose intolerant so I avoid regular milk but 1% or fat free milk works fine), and 1 tablespoon of flax seed. It is filling, tasty and really healthy. You can find loads of recipes online if you want to find what makes you happy.
  • Walk, Jog, or Exercise for 20 minutes

Long workouts or walks are great, for those that have that time! I personally barely have 20 minutes to spare so a long workout is really out of the question. P90x and other workout DVDs have begun to realize that 10-20 minute workouts, nonstop, are good for the body if done a few days a week and yield great results. Popsugar did a few videos, click here for one, that you can find on YouTube with awesome short but intense workouts. If you do these or walk/jog for 20 minutes at least 3 times a week you will feel better and see a difference in your body.

Share:

0 comments